I'm a designer specialising in brand identity, working with clients around the world.
I have worked in design and communication since 2002, and am currently a partner in di-da, a branding and publicity agency based in the Basque Country. I believe in intelligent design.
Cross Culture Surf
In 2012, I co-founded Cross Culture Surf, a non-profit association that connects people from different cultures through surfing. We have run surf exchanges between the Basque Country and Ireland, and are now looking further afield to Japan and California.
I am grateful to have shared with different audiences, in different languages on a variety of subjects from branding to Basque identity. If you would like me to speak at an event, please feel free to contact me by email, and I will be happy to discuss how we can work together. I am happy to present in English, Basque or Spanish.
• Papel y Pixel design conference, Barcelona, 2013 (design and branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2013 (Branding: reputation VS representation)
• Enpresarean, Donostia, 2012 (Brand strategy and the design process)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2012 (An introduction to branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2011 (An introduction to branding)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2010 (Corporate identity design)
• Basque Summit, Seattle, USA, 2008 (The Basque Country - a window on Basque culture)
Published design work
• Relogo - redesigning the brand, Sandu
• Los Logos 6, Gestalten
• Los Logos 5: Compass, Gestalten
• Los Logos 4, Gestalten
Press / TV / Radio interviews
• An Englishman in the Basque Country, Gara EU | EN
• Zutundu EU | EN
• Anboto EU | EN
• Cross Culture Surf, Gaur 8 EU
• Korrika Euskalakari design process, Gara
• Euskadi Tropikala EiTB (Christian Surfers Basque Country)
• Kresala EiTB (Christian Surfers Basque Country)
• Amarauna Euskadi Irratia (Christian Surfers Basque Country)
• Freelance Focus, May 2008